Saturday, October 25, 2014

Three Years Strong

I can't believe the third years are, well, kids I've had for going on three years now. This Montessori three-year cycle is a beautiful thing. Thanks Maria, for your genius. This three-year system means I have 13 leaders in my classroom...kids who know the procedures and are there to help the younger students find their way. The are so comfortable with the curriculum and have a very strong sense of community. How smart it is to allow a teacher to keep her students for more than one year. I feel like I know them all so well--what their passions are, what makes them tick (or not), the things they struggle with... it is one of my favorite parts of being a Montessorian. Couldn't ask for a sweeter group. Here they are, hard at work on some cultural essays:


"'Why did you do all this for me?' he asked. 'I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you.' 'You have been my friend,' replied Charlotte. 'That in itself if a tremendous thing.'"- E.B. White, Charlotte's Web 

No comments:

Post a Comment